The big question that comes up is “how can someone build a WordPress site from scratch” easily and efficiently. WordPress has been, and still is an awesome CMS system for creating professional and solid websites. It is a great tool for those who are not web developers and wish to build their own website or for their clients.
In this article we are going to talk about how you can also build your own WordPress site with smart and fast ways.
The first step to consider is having a high standard hosting provider that can provide with the feature of being able to install or set up WordPress. You can click on above link and choose your hosting plan at superb low prices. It is advisable to have a yearly plan as it will cost you extremely low.
The second step is to install WordPress, and the third step is to find a smart theme with numerous templates that you can create your website pages with, fast enough and with professionalism. We are strongly recommending to you the Divi Theme. Click the banner below to view Divi’s main page.
Let’s now proceed and view a real example on how to build a WordPress site from scratch, provided that you have already bought your SiteGround hosting plan. For further help you can contact us.
1. Click on the second menu item called “WEBSITES” and then click on the “NEW WEBSITE” button.
2. You will have three options to choose from; New Domain (if you will purchase a new one prior to creating your WordPress site), Existing Domain and Temporary Domain (if you haven’t decided yet about your domain name). For this article and for example purposes we will use the Temporary Domain option.
3. After clicking the “SELECT” button above, the button text option will change to “SELECTED” so that you can proceed. A temporary domain name is created and you may click the “CONTINUE” button.
4. Click the “SELECT” button from the option “Start New Website”.
5. Upon selecting the option “Start New Website” you have thee options to choose from; WordPress, WooCommerce (for online stores) and Weebly Sitebuilder. For simplicity purposes you have to select the first option “WordPress”.
6. Upon selecting the first option, you have to add an email address and password for your website and click the button “CONTINUE”.
7. Click the “FINISH” button.
8. Give to the system some time, less than two minutes, for the website to be created or generated.
9. Once all is set up, three more options appear; View Your Site, Access WordPress Admin and Go to Site Tools. Kindly select the third option.
10. You can now see your Site Tools panel where you can perform a lot of tasks such as accessing your WordPress Admin Panel, adding your SSL certificate, creating subdomains, creating business email accounts and many more elements without any additional change.
11. Prior to proceeding with your website, is important to add your SSL certificate (https). You just click on the SECURITY section and two options appear, the SSL Manager and the HTTPS Enforce.
12. By clicking on the SSL Manager, as mentioned above a screen appears where you have to select the SSL options “Let’s Encrypt” for your domain and continue.
13. The second part of the SSL certificate, is to set the “HTTPS Enforce” on active mode.
14. Further on, you select from the left menu the WORDPRESS option and Install & Manage. On the right hand side below you then click the arrow with box icon to access your WordPress site admin panel.
15. Since this is the first set up, a screen like the one below will appear and then click the “EXIT” link to proceed. Should you wish to watch the quick customization wizard you can click the button “START NOW”. In our case, as mentioned already, you click the “EXIT” link.
16. You can now view your WordPress site Administration Panel.
17. The next step is to download a superb them by Divi Elegant Themes, to make our life easier when creating a WordPress website from scratch. Below you can see the members area where you need to have access to to be able to download the Divi theme zip file. You have two options, either to contact us to provide you with the zip file and API code with a fee to be able to download the zip file and install it for your website, or you can buy a package directly from Divi Elegant Themes.
18. Upon accessing your members area, you then select the option DIVI THEM and click the button “DOWNLOAD THE DIVI THEME” to download the zip file.
19. Once the download is complete, on your website’s admin panel, you click on Appearance, then Themes, and then the “Add New” button to add the new theme’s zip file.
20. The next step is to click the link or button “UPLOAD THEME”, then “CHOOSE FILE” and finally click the “INSTALL NOW” button to install the zip file.
21. Lastly, once the theme has been installed, you click on the “Activate” link.
22. Now you have successfully installed the Divi Theme. You can always refer to the Divi Documentation for more information should you wish doing so.
23. In the below image, upon successful installation, you then have to create your first page and then continue creating, with a similar approach, your other web pages too. On your left hand side menu, click on Add New, then press the x icon for the popup to disappear an start working on your first page. How do feel at the moment? Is it easy to build a WordPress site from scratch? Indeed, yes it is.
24. While creating your first page, you have to add a title, and then click on the button “Use Divi Builder” to start constructing your page.
25. Click the button “Start Building” to proceed further. Alternatively, if you wish to click the “Take the Tour” button you can always do so. For this example, kindly proceed with the “Start Building” option.
26. Now you have three options to consider; BUILD FROM SCRATCH, CHOOSE A PREMADE LAYOUT and CLONE EXISTING PAGE. For simplicity purposes, we will continue with the middle, second, option CHOOSE A PREMADE LAYOUT.
27. You can see the on image below the big variety of available layouts to choose from and have a foundation for creating your first page, pages, and your whole website.
28. For the purposes of this article, we will choose the Car Rental template.
29. Upon selecting the Car Rental template, you can see that there are different topic layouts to choose from, such as the About page, Contact, Home, Landing, and many more. Upon selecting the layout you love the most, you can change the text, images, etc.
30. The next step, prior to be allowed to create your first page, you will need to authenticate your username and API in order to proceed without any constraints. Kindly note that this authentication message appears only the first time when installing the DIVI theme on a new site.
31. To be able to complete the fields above, Username and API Key, you will first have to access your Elegant Themes (DIVI Theme) members area, scroll down, and copy the API Key and paste it on the necessary field as per point 30 above.
32. You now have to wait for some seconds loading time until your first page layout is ready to appear.
33. And your layout is now ready to be edited as per your needs and requirements.
34. Last but not least to mention, upon creating your website, you can access faster some areas such as your SITE TOOLS, WORDPRESS AMDIN and / or ALL SITE OPTIONS as per the image below.
Having said the above, we have covered the key elements to consider on how to build a WordPress site from scratch. We did not get into the super deep details of every single aspect when creating a website as this is an endless chapter.
You can always request support from us and we would be happy to assist you further.